A Diary of a Mother (Preparation into your Child's Education Years)

A Diary of a Mother

 (Preparation into your Child's Education Years)




Yesterday was the first day of preschool of my elder son. I woke up very early; or in other words I didn’t sleep. I prepared the lunch box, got him ready and went down to wait for the bus to come. I was not alone; my husband, my mom and my in-laws were there with me! I felt it was such an important day for me. It was the first day at pre-school! 

My husband and I shared a lot of emotions at that moment from happiness, to being proud, and having so much hope. Me and my husband talked for hours about that day and about how the future of our son will be. And then in a blind of an eye! I was looking for a suitable university for my son! And their questions started to pop around me. What? How? When? It was like a dream or like a quick blink.

At that moment I was excited, happy and confident again that my son got the best education and is fully ready to face the challenges in the university. Since his first day of school, I was always the one who followed up with his teacher, his studies, and activities. I chose to educate him in the best schools so that he reaches this day full of confidence. Don’t be surprised. I know that the preschool and the first five early years are very important in the life of children. That’s why I chose the school that would develop the skills not the ones that fill the child’s brain with a thousand information that he will forget the next year.

I was lucky to find that school which prepared my son and taught him how to think critically, how to stand in front of huge audiences and be full of confidence to explain his point of view. Tomorrow when he goes to his University, he will be responsible, initiative, innovative and an inquisitive thinker.

His teachers once told me that he has learnt the joy of learning, “He is excited to take challenging classes and learn from others.  He has positive feelings associated with learning.  This is one of the biggest goals I have as a teacher”. She then added “I wanted my students to become life-long learners.  To wonder, form questions, seek answers and share their knowledge discovered.  My job is not to fill their brains with facts and figures…it is to ignite the spirit of investigation and to share strategies for accomplishing their goals.” 



What she said inspired me on how to deal with my son and what to expect from him. Recalling these words made me write this to share an experience, a thought, and a feeling with many mothers that will experience it soon or have already experienced it and know it. I want to urge all parents to look for the right preschool and seek the best education for their children and make sure they are ready for College. It is not what you learn, it is what you understand.

 First day of Preschool leads to first day in college; choose the correct path…


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nursery/Kindergarten - The secret to a successful adaptation

How to protect my child from getting sick during seasonal changes?

Shouting at Kids, Does it Work ?